Before I knew it I had just landed a whole weekend to myself!!!
OK, let me have a moment to savor that.
Friday evening was spent with a friend for dinner and then shopping.
Target counts. (Thanks Chrissy for pouring into me!)
The best part was coming home to an empty house and being able to spend the time however I wanted, knowing I could wake up, whenever I wanted!
Saturday morning was a long overdue date with God. We met at Spill the Bean's cafe in Lititz.
This might have been the most rejuvenating part of the weekend.
Seriously. Uninterrupted time with my Creator.
Things just clicked that morning. Things that I had been hashing out in my mind seemed to all make sense. (I'll have to fill you in on another post).
From there I got taken care of by Alesha, my friend and hairdresser, at New Image Salon.
I love this woman
not only for what she can do to my hair, but her heart as well!
Then it was off to Visage Visage.
oh
just the thought of a massage was relaxing.
It was amazing!
Afterward I asked her if I could just rent the bed for another hour and sleep!
She laughed, not realizing how serious I was!
We enjoyed drinks afterward, while catching up on the latest wedding plans.
Amazing food.
Definitely recommend it.
Then back to my moms for a mother daughter sleepover.
I got the first movie in the series
Love Comes Softly.
mostly because I thought my mom would like it.
CONFESSION TIME:
I have to admit it,
I'M HOOKED!
hook line and sinker.
If we had the whole series that night I think we would have watched them all!
We didn't though, which leads me to the present. I currently have them all checked out from the Lititz library and am trying to figure out how to watch them all this weekend!
THANKS MOM FOR A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
I LOVE YOU!
-missy
Wow!!! What an amazingly wonderful sounding weekend!!! I cannot even imagine! We were to go away this weekend for our anniversary,but ended up staying home. Mom and Dad generously took the older three,and we still have the twins, but still...how GREATLY REFRESHING to have some 'down time'. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after your rendevous with our Father. :)
ReplyDeletePS> You and your mom look beautiful! Tell her I said so, please. :)
So glad it was a wonderful refreshing time :)
ReplyDeleteI love you Missy!!
Okay--dont tell but we have watched all of them as a family--they come on the Hallmark Channel. My boys love them (but dont tell!)
ReplyDelete--alli despres
We just finished the 3rd one today! Katie and Thomas are hooked too! Thomas kept asking which one was me...b/c her name is Missy!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Allison, there are many things that I know about your boys that I'm sure they would be embarrassed by : )
It was a great weekend, Missy - Love YOU, too!
ReplyDeleteMOM