I don't really even remember remembering when Saint Patrick's Day was before Kindergarten. Kindergarten has definitely forced me to pay attention to calendar details.
So with the theme of Green and Potatoes I decided to make one of my favorite soups for dinner. You'll laugh when you hear the name because actually, it's an Italian soup! But it's got sausage, potatoes, and Green Kale! Sounds like it could be Irish to me!
I thought this would be a perfect opportunity with you to share one of my favorite soup recipes.
Zuppa Tuscana Mock Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb. uncooked sweet Italian sausage
3/4 c. chopped onions
3 strips of bacon chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 c. of water
1 c. chicken broth
2 c. diced or sliced potatoes
2 c. fresh kale
1/2 cup whipping cream (although I just use milk)
Directions:
1. Place sausage in baking dish, pierce casing, bake at 300 for 20-25 min. Drain and cool. Chop or slice into bite size pieces. (I have also used ground sausage)
2. Saute onions, and bacon for approx. 3 min in deep pot.
3. Add garlic and saute another minute.
4. Add water, broth and potatoes. (I usually add more broth or water) Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
5. Add sausage.
6. Add Kale, then cream. Heat and serve.
7. Season with salt as needed.
I am testing out this response option. Did you get mine? - Sg
ReplyDelete