http://www.thecoffeecottage.blogspot.com/
She has the gift for writing, and I always come away from her blog laughing and feeling encouraged as a mom. You should check it out when you get the time.
Anyhow....
Their family decided to purchase around 25 baby chicks and we just had to go and see them!
Thomas's favorite he called "Long Neck". Guess why? They had actually acquired a turkey in their flock!
Immediately she inquired about keeping some of them. Thankfully Jeane's husband Curt was quick to come up with great response. He told her that she could pick out any that would be her own. But that they would remain at their house so that they could care for them, and that we could come and visit her anytime.
Little did he know that he was talking to a little girl who doesn't forget anything. All we have heard about for the last couple of days has been about Katie's two baby chicks. Daisy and Cheapy.
I have a feeling we will be paying the Martins another visit very soon : )
I am warming up to the idea of other people raising our pets. The kids have been asking about having a dog....anyone up for raising it. We will promise to make lots of cards for the dog and come visit often!

"Dear Daisy, I really like your color.Always remember to be kind to your sister.
Hope your Happy.
Love Katie."
Missy
ReplyDeleteWow! I really think you are on to something :)
Pets that someone else raises for you...yes you really are on to something with that one!
Miss you guys!
Aggie
Missy!
ReplyDeleteHow could little Katie be any cuter!?! Daisy & Cheepy are asking about her at least 10 times a day, and have been bustling about, preparing a little correspondence of their own. Would you mind sending me the best address for sending a card Monday?? (new or current home, wasn't quite sure).
It has been a true gift reconnecting with wonderful you!