create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation Part 1 - Lake Winnipesaukee

This was by far our best vacation year as a family yet.
I don't know if that is due to the fact that this years vacation didn't involve any emergency room visits, and it didn't rain the entire time. But whatever the case it was a wonderful week.

Vacation even got started a day early. We learned that the lake house was vacant and decided to throw our stuff in the car and head out ahead of schedule. We are so blessed to have family that allow us to use their lake house during the summer. Not only do they allow us to use their house but they usually shower us with gifts. Tom and Linda, your generosity has blessed our family!

THANK YOU!!!

The following are some shots that captured our trip.

The first mornings breakfast was none other than Dunkin Donuts! How can you resist when there seems to be one on every corner!

The kids were showing off their new glow in the dark shirts from Uncle Tom and Aunt Linda.

They enjoyed scootering to the beach nearly every day.

What a clever gift Aunt Linda! It made helping to get to the beach fun!

I'm not sure that this is what I am looking for in a spa treatment, but Katie seemed to be enjoying herself.

Thomas enjoying some alone time.

One day the kids spent hours trying to clean off all the sand of this alligator rock.

Not every day was extra hot, but we didn't care because at least it wasn't raining this year!

The kids were really into building water ways and dams.

Thomas and I had fun building a moat.

The boys loved taking the kayaks out on the lake.

We always make time to go to the Moultenborough Library. This year the kids put on a puppet show for us.
Reese enjoying ice-cream at our favorite ice-cream shop in Wolfboro.

We enjoyed roasting marshmallows and making smores while Eric told us the story of Elijah, and how God showed up in a Big way on Mt. Carmel.

In order to get another smore, Eric came up with a short workout circuit for the kids. It involved the high jump, long jump, push ups, and sit ups. A coach never stops coaching I guess.

Yes, this is a picture of the kids in front of the washing machine. I felt better knowing that I wasn't the only one excited about the new appliance. Unfortunately they weren't as excited about putting their laundry away.


On the way home we decided to splurge at the Town Docks. Even Thomas enjoyed the lobster!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun family time - it was good to see and learn about all you did in New Hampshire. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeanes FAMILY - just saw the pictures from the parade on the 4th! Great fun you had. So glad my grandkids are getting some history on their vacations :) That never worked for their mom and her brother (or their father). It makes me smile to see how Missy spends vacation time with her family now. I am so thankful! Yes I am. What great family time away you have - the whole bunch! love Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...