Eric and I had already planned on me going somewhere Sunday morning to get some coffee and have some alone time. So, I was pre-warned the night before that my lovely daughter, Katie, told Eric that she wanted to surprise me with breakfast in bed. He responded with an, "ooookkkk?"
Katie went on to say, "Don't worry Daddy, I know you don't cook, so I came up with another plan. I was thinking that we could call Grammy and see if she could make some french toast with strawberries on it. Then we could bring it home for mommy."
I think Eric was relieved that the plan didn't involve him cooking but decided to suggest plan C. They concocted the plan of getting up early and going to Dosie Dough to get me my favorite egg sandwich and coffee. Of course the plan also involved donuts for anyone who went along.
It was so fun to hear them whispering all over the house and getting ready.
They were so proud of there surprise.
So, I got to spend the morning in my room alone, armed with a good breakfast, my journal, and Bible. I told Eric that I was having flashbacks of being at Women's and Babies Hospital. I think that might be the only other time that I have eaten breakfast in bed. It's scary that we have to go to great lengths of having babies just to have that luxury! I was thankful that this event didn't require the birthing process!
I was so refreshed when I came out of that room! Thank you kids! I love being your mom!!!
Missy~this is precious! I loved how they were all excited about blessing you.....and as for time alone in the morning....it's HEAVENLY isn't it? I felt the same way on Sunday morning.
ReplyDeleteGlad you felt loved and valued that day because you DESERVE IT!!! Hope I can see you at some point this Summer....a LMH "reunion" of sorts is in the works at my Parents house! Good times!!! Kids and all....it will be a BLAST FROM THE PAST!!! I'll keep you posted.
Love,
Janelle
What a SUPER move on Eric's part! That really does sound lovely...silence, than a favorite breakfast brought you by your favorite people!
ReplyDeleteYou are a tremendous mom, Missy...I've seen it first hand!