create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Celebrating Chipmunk Style....

Reese turned 3 this weekend and we were thankful to celebrate her birthday with some friends and family.
(OK let me just say, "I can't believe my baby girl is three!")

As all little kids this birthday has been anticipated and talked about for many weeks now.
Most of the conversation has revolved around the theme of Alvin and the Chipmunks.
(imagine that : )! )

While the kids were coming up with their "grand" ideas, I was busy trying to figure out the easiest possible way to make a "Theodore Cake", and how to refinish and old doll house that I had bought at a garage sale last year.

Thankfully some friends encouraged me to keep the cake simple and gave me some helpful ideas. We went with the Rock Star theme. I was excited to see the look of joy on her face when she saw the cake.


The doll house on the other hand was a bit more work.
I couldn't believe that I was busy painting a doll house when I hadn't even begun to paint my own house! Oh, the things we do for our kids.
I was encouraged though by how it all came together.



The day before the party I pulled out the doll house furniture that I had tucked away from an early garage sale. To my dismay there were no doll people. I knew that I couldn't give a little girl a doll house without people to play with. So the morning of the garage sale the kids and I went garage sale-ing in search of doll house people.
WE FOUND THEM!
I think their favorite part has been sending "everything" down the stairs!

But the best gift was from my brother.
He always has been a great gift giver and came through again.
(no offense to anyone else!)
He not only found a "Chipmunk" singing card,
but also all three stuffed animals!


It was really encouraging to have friends and family over to our new home!!!




Reese,
I love you!
Your warm smile and sweetness can warm any heart.
You are strong and able to speak your mind and hold your ground. Right now that is challenging but I continue to pray that God will use that for his glory.
What a joy it is to watch you grow!
-mom

1 comment:

  1. Missy,
    I have to say that she is just THE CUTEST!!! Love those cheeks---so kissable, right?

    And I believe the last time I saw your brother was when he was 12, although I'm sure I probably did see him at Brandon's wedding, but it didn't register.

    Also, I love the glimps of that red kitchen! Would love to see more! I 'hung up' Facebook, as I was simply too undisciplined with it, and I knew I had to do it. (Plus, it's so easy to get on there and find things to compare and judge and take pride in...you know??). But I still miss it, and the conviction was just for me, not anyone else!

    I'd love to see your lovely face. Daisy is getting quite mature. You and Katie (and the gang) are welcome here anytime, but if I don't see you before the eggs start coming, I'll be sure to bring you some of Daisy's. ;)

    enjoy your day~
    J.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...