Sitting here writing this, not even 48 hours later, I still can't believe this is real.
But it is!
There is a little miracle all snuggled up on my lap.
I'll spare you some of the details, but this is how OUR Lincoln arrived.
I Went in the Saturday before, only to be sent home at 4 cm. I wasn't surprised but was still a little discouraged. I felt great on Monday and Tuesday and slept so peacefully. It's a good thing too because Tuesday was a different story.
Two of my kids were to have play dates that afternoon at our house...which actually worked out to my advantage, because their was someone here to watch everyone (Thanks TARA!!)
I was really nervous about getting to the hospital on time, because Reese came so quickly. So as soon as the contractions started hurting I was on the phone to the office. When I got there I was already six cm, and they told me they would admit me to the hospital!
Esther was on call that night and once I got there things started to slow down. So I walked the halls. It was only really one hall, which got really boring, so book in hand I walked up and down for a chapter or two. Thankfully this helped and not to long after that I got the epidural and Esther was planning to break my water. Unfortunately the epidural only took from my pelvis down. I was able to feel the contractions completely and was now praying things would move quickly. Thankfully when Esther checked me I was ready to push. Now this is the part of labor that I love. You finally get to do something about the pain your in instead of just enduring it. Lincoln was out in about 6 contractions! (Esther you were amazing!) He arrived at 11:51 on August 31, 2010; our precious little Lincoln Miller Jeanes
I am always amazed at the rush of adrenaline that follows giving birth.
My labor and delivery nurse, Jess, was awesome! We even played the "Lancaster County Game" and realized that we grew up at the same church together!
Weighing in at 7 lbs. 1 oz., which is large for my babies.
I just like this one : )
Proud father, calling our parents.
I'm not sure that Reese fully grasped what was going on. But was wide eyed and watching.
Thomas was sooooo PROUD! There was a lot of poking going on.
And Katie...well she was on cloud nine. She was and still is so excited about her baby brother. She is such a big help and loves doing so.
The kids brought Lincoln gifts and cards, and were excited to get presents from him.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers, love, and support!
Great story, Miss! Thanks for sharing. Now that I know what it's like to give birth, it's so much more fun hearing other people's stories!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Wow, now I know that we have not been able to catch up in way too long...considering I had no idea you were even expecting until you were close to your due date. Ugh. That is so sad. We really need to get together sometime.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you and your family is beautiful.
Oh Missy, HE IS BEAUTIFUL!! Those pictures of the you all right after he was born....precious! I hope your adjustment is going well! 5 weeks old tomorrow already...such sweet days, (exhaustingly sweet)! I pray that you are having the strength you need for TODAY. There are so many little ones that need you right now! You don't have to give 100% to each of them, just do what you can and don't be hard on yourself! I'm sure you're doing the very best you can and THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH!!! Sleep well tonight...both you and Lincoln! Love from Strasburg!
ReplyDelete