Wednesday, December 30, 2009
There's a FIRST time for everything.
Katie and I decided it was about time for another "Girl's Day". I just need to start by saying what a truly wonderful day it was! She was such a joy to spend time with.
The afternoon started by eating lunch at Issac's. She thought this was a big deal b/c the only place we ever take the kids to is MC Donald's or Little Caesar's! She chose pizza and chicken nuggets from the kids menu and looked at me and asked if it was OK to eat that in the same meal! I guess I have taught her something about a well balanced meal! Our service was terrible but it didn't matter b/c it was so much fun just being with her. We had fun doing the crossword puzzles, and games at the table and checking out the fish tank.
After lunch we were off to the mall to get our ears pierced. Katie chose her birthstone earrings, pink of course. She was brave but there was a couple of seconds when I thought we might be leaving with only one ear pierced. But Katie made it look so easy that I decided to get mine done too. Since we were looking so beautiful with our new earrings we headed over to the Picture People to document this eventful day.
I forgot to mention that earlier that day Katie and Thomas were wrestling in the living room and all of a sudden I heard Katie shrieking with excitement! " Mom look I lost my first tooth!" I was so thankful, because that tooth had been just hanging there for a couple of weeks. So, not only did she get her ears pierced for the first time she also lost her first tooth! When your six I don't think it gets more exciting than that. The tooth fairy hasn't come yet b/c this friday is 'Show and Tell' with the letter 'T'. Katie wants to take her tooth into school before it gets exchanged for money.
Not only that but, she also learned to tie her shoe today too!
It was truely a great day! I love you Kate!
The afternoon started by eating lunch at Issac's. She thought this was a big deal b/c the only place we ever take the kids to is MC Donald's or Little Caesar's! She chose pizza and chicken nuggets from the kids menu and looked at me and asked if it was OK to eat that in the same meal! I guess I have taught her something about a well balanced meal! Our service was terrible but it didn't matter b/c it was so much fun just being with her. We had fun doing the crossword puzzles, and games at the table and checking out the fish tank.
After lunch we were off to the mall to get our ears pierced. Katie chose her birthstone earrings, pink of course. She was brave but there was a couple of seconds when I thought we might be leaving with only one ear pierced. But Katie made it look so easy that I decided to get mine done too. Since we were looking so beautiful with our new earrings we headed over to the Picture People to document this eventful day.
I forgot to mention that earlier that day Katie and Thomas were wrestling in the living room and all of a sudden I heard Katie shrieking with excitement! " Mom look I lost my first tooth!" I was so thankful, because that tooth had been just hanging there for a couple of weeks. So, not only did she get her ears pierced for the first time she also lost her first tooth! When your six I don't think it gets more exciting than that. The tooth fairy hasn't come yet b/c this friday is 'Show and Tell' with the letter 'T'. Katie wants to take her tooth into school before it gets exchanged for money.
Not only that but, she also learned to tie her shoe today too!
It was truely a great day! I love you Kate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment