

I can hardly believe that my little girl is 6 years old! What a fun year with so many new beginnings! One was starting school and learning to read, so it only seemed fitting to get Katie her very own Bible. She has enjoyed listening to us read it to her and is excited to be able to read it herself someday soon. But I have to admit that her favorite part has been putting on the labels for each book of the bible (thanks Mandy!) It also seemed like a fitting year for her first sleep over too! It was cute because as we were looking back through her baby book we found a picture of her an Anna Eckert as babies, and underneath it was a label that read "first play date". And then she got to experience her first sleepover with her good friend too!
As for a cake this year I went the easy route. It was a hard tradition to give up for the year, but I think it was all for the best. Katie was convinced that she really wanted an American Girl doll cake. I tried for weeks to talk her into something else but she had her heart set on it and was sure that I could do it : ) Thankfully I landed a large coupon and was able to dump the responsibility of having an "American Girl Doll cake" off to Stauffers! Thanks to her grandparents she was able to recieve the long awaited "Molly" and even has her books to read. She is truely growing up into a wonderful girl! We love you Kate!
Happy Birthday Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove The Lawler's