Sunday, April 26, 2009
My Next 30 Years.
Six months ago I was dreading turning 30. I am really not sure why, because I remember as a kid thinking it was weird when I heard people say that they were dreading turning another year older...as if it soley defined who they were. But there I was dreading the marker. Brilliantly my wonderful loving husband decided I needed a pick me up. I have been wanting a road bike for about 5 years now, and he thought this would be a great time to make the purchase. The anticipation of getting the bike changed everything. My focuse was now on the joy of looking forward to riding. It was all about perspective. If your anything like me it's hard to keep a good perspective sometimes. The pressures of the world, the draining daily tasks of being a mom of three small kids can at times seem to suck it all from you. When I focus my eyes on earthly things (like age) it will eventually let me down. I believe that is why Hebrews says, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith." Jesus gives hope. Hope that is lasting and pure. This year I am on the journey to pursue this HOPE that I have in Christ. I desire to understand this in a new and real way, "Christ in you, the HOPE of glory."I would love to hear your stories of HOPE.
The past couple of days I have enjoyed taking a look back at some memories from my past. Hope you enjoy...and sorry if I wasn't able to include everyone who has made the past 30 year a wonderful time of growth.
oh and don't forget to turn off the blog page sound!
With love and thanks,
Missy
p.s. oh and I almost forgot...I got the bike!
The past couple of days I have enjoyed taking a look back at some memories from my past. Hope you enjoy...and sorry if I wasn't able to include everyone who has made the past 30 year a wonderful time of growth.
oh and don't forget to turn off the blog page sound!
With love and thanks,
Missy
p.s. oh and I almost forgot...I got the bike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Missy, Happy 30th! It has been so great to catch up a little on your life here, and the last post was super encouraging! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSarah Soden
Hi Missy-
ReplyDeleteI heard about your blog from Janelle and Nellie- it was sweet to catch up on your life a bit- my Cathryn(Bailey) was sitting next to me looking at pictures with me, and kept asking me who the little girl is :)