create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Doing What is Right...


Yesterday was a long day at work. don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for my job but I left a little overwhelmed by all the hurting people around me that day. I mean really hurting people. Life hasn't been real kind to some of them. I was thankful that it took me 20 minutes to drive home and unwind a little. I was wandering if my life even makes a difference in their lives.
When I got home there were a bunch of birthday cards awaiting me! (thanks) but the one that really touched me was from my dad. He had copied something from his devotions for me, talk about perfect timing. Here is a clip (don't report me for plagerism!- I couldn't think of another way to do this.

Doing What's Right
"Everyone who is a child of GOd conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world - our faith. 1 John 5:4

You get impatient with your own life, trying to master a habit or control a sin- and in your frustration begin to wonder where the power of God is. Be patient. God is using today's difficulties to strengthen you for tomorrow. He is equipping you. The God who makes things grow will help you bear fruit.
Dwell on the fact that God lives within you. Think about the power that gives you life. The realization that God is dwelling within you may change the places you want to go and the things you want to do today.
Do what is right this week, whatever it is, whatever comes down the path, whatever problems and dilemmas you face-just do what is right. Maybe no on else is doing right, but you do what is right. You be honest. You take a stand. You be true. After all, regardless of what you do, God does what is right: he saves you with his grace.
- A clip from " Grace for the moment"

thanks dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...