create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The slow life.

 My knee surgery has already brought so many blessings into my life.  First of all it has made me so thankful for the community of friends that I have.  Many of whom I can't even really tell you how we met...God just plopped them in my life at the perfect moments!  I have been spoiled with daily starbucks deliveries, meals, playdates for my kids, and great conversations!


(by the way, none of you can top what my mom has done for me this past weekend! She amazes me how she is able to give so selflessly!)

Thank you all so much.  You have encouraged my soul. You have allowed me to rest and heal.  Which intern has led to a second blessing...

The slow life.

Because I don't have a huge agenda for my day, I have been more available to my kids.  We have had so much down time together and my home has been a less stressful place.  I want to practice this gift in my days to come, when life starts to get busier again.  I need to remember how worth it it is to not be so busy that I appear that I am not available to my kids.

Thankfully I will have a daily reminder of this.  Another blessing. My neighbor April.  She is such an amazing mom.  Of course she would deny it, but she's wrong!  Everytime I look out my picture window she is out there playing with her kids! Not just there with her kids but playing!  Thank you April for the daily reminder to PLAY with my kids, and to cherish every moment!



Now back to icing...


1 comment:

  1. Glad to read the healing is in many areas of your life :) I love ya Missy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...