That seemed to be the theme of the past two weeks. For Thomas is was his first time to the dentist and he wasn't so sure about letting some strange people poke around inside of his mouth. I didn't have a whole lot of confidence that he was going to cooperate. Thankfully Mrs. Hossler, a mom of former FCA students, was his hygentist! Later that week Katie had to go back for her first filling and a cap(she wanted to know if they had any other colors than silver, like maybe pink!). She was nervous, but did a great job! Thankfully all of these dentist appointments were offset by swimming lessons. Katie went from not wanting to put her face in the water with out goggles, to jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side by herself! The last day of lessons she even tried diving off the side of the pool. But what made my heart leap was to see her trying over and over again to try to do it! We had some great talks that week about Facing our Fears. And how we can allow our fears to paralyze us. They(our fears) cause us to miss out on the joys of life, like jumping off the diving board : )
It all seemed so simple when I was talking with them, but I began to think about some of the fears I have in my own life. Most of them are based on lies. I am so thankful that God's perfect love promises to drive out all my fears. Now I only need to ask Him, and be willing to change.
Great post!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay Katie! You go girl! :)